Welcome to La Défense Toastmasters: Your (exclusively English-speaking) public speaking club in the financial and business district of Paris.
We’re part of Toastmasters International: the organization that offers you a place to learn how to formulate, express and sell your ideas with confidence.
5 ways Toastmasters can help you:
- Become comfortable speaking in front of large or small groups
- Plan, structure and express your thoughts and ideas clearly
- Develop your critical thinking skills
- Receive constructive and structured feedback to progress further
- Practice speaking in different contexts so that you’re prepared no matter the situation
But wait – there’s more:
The Toastmasters experience also helps you develop your leadership skills. On top of your Practical Guide to Becoming a Better Speaker, you also get the Guide to Becoming a Better Leader, which lets you practice skills from time management to team building. Once you’ve completed these programmes, you can continue onto the Advanced programmes.
How does Toastmasters La Defense work?
Our Toastmaster club meetings take place every 1st and 3rd Tuesdays where we open our doors at 6.45pm, start at 7.00pm and finish around 9.00pm. The meetings are typically structured as follows:
- Grammarian and the Word of the Day
- Prepared speeches
- Evaluations of the prepared speeches
- Dinner (main course, dessert and drink)
- Impromptu speaking, also known as Table Topics
- Feedback from the Grammarian and General Evaluator
- Best speakers
- Future events
Interested in joining? Subscribe to our Meetup group and sign up to our next meeting!
Toastmasters is an internationally recognised club present in 116 countries with over 280,000 registered members. Their mission is to provide a supportive and positive learning environment that gives every member the opportunity to develop their communication and leadership skills.
La Défense Toastmasters is an English-language club. A high-level grasp of the English language is necessary to participate.